29 décembre 2009

I think I picked up something from Anne Waldman, she is quite a clever poet. Most of the modernists are geniuses...but Anne Sexton is still AWESOME ... hmm come to think of it poet that i like have Anne in their names...


___________Words_____________

I used words to make a house.
Using adverbs, verbs, adjectives
grammatical jargon and vocabulary
all verbose and stately.

I used sentences to create a city.
Filled with lines, and dots
stopping, starting, shouting, questioning,
the incomprehensible dialogue along the street.

I made the nation out of paragraphs.
Constitution after constitution,
law after law. Each separated by spaces.
Those arias in the court house and in the Capitol.

I used a book to create a world.
A world where things are imagined,
with thousands of sub plots and millions of errors..
It eventually came to an end.

I created I.

6 billion images of God,
trailing the streets.

6 billion images of God,
eating, starving,
living, dying,
dancing, sleeping.

6 billion images of God,
talking, muted,
murdering, murdered
walking, limping with one leg
blown away by the bombs.
(apparently God was not as immortal as he believed.)

6 billion images of God,
5 million images of God,
4 thousand images of God,
3 hundred images of God,
20 images of God,
1 God, 1 image.

Nothing.
I used words to re-create the world.
_______________________________________________________________________

Aucun commentaire: