21 février 2010

My life as a poet :)

This is a poem that I have come up with after writing for about one year... I tried a hand a developing my own style so here goes... be nice :D

__________Untitled 6___________

Here I frame myself, in steel bars.
This self portraiture, like the enigma of the mona lisa.
Always smiling, always photogenic,
yet she is only the veil to the hard wooden surface beneath.
Only wall paper, a mere mural.

Here, I prostitute myself,
this art of mine, where words blend with '
an infusion of wine and veiled by the paradise-ian clouds
of tobacco. A drunken debauchery.
O Babylon, Babylon.

I am the depths beneath the waves above.
I am the roots beneath the green.
I am the wall behind the wall paper.
I am the bright light bulb behind the ignoble rays.
I am the body behind the words.

The bars are only holding me back.
I am only painting an orgy.
My job as a poet, don't try to
stop me.
_______________________________

Aucun commentaire: