21 février 2010

Pagan Mass

Tonight I'm depriving my body of sleep, to write... so this is a preliminary poem that I wrote at 1am plus...
Will clock in a poem every hour... so here is the first one of the twilight hours... Here I present the

____Pagan Mass____ (this is not meant to be blasphemous)

What is this? By the pricking of my thumbs
Something wicked this way comes.
The Pagan Mass has begun.
Light the fires and let them brew, the fiery stew.
Within this cauldron of pewter made,
throw in clary and sage.
Purify the air around, let there be the singing sound
of the witches rune,
let it be heard on Walpurgistnacht,
let it be heard on Samhain.

Celebrate as we dance round the flame,
where the elements can be alive again.
Singing: Hey ya! Hey ya!
under this canopy of oak, which spoke to me of many things
while there be the playing of the strings on lute and zither run.
Toying back and forth.
Hark! there be the sounding of a drum.
They encircle, around Priest and Priestess.
Chanting out in rhyme and tune,
singing, feasting, seeking the power of la lune.

Why, by the pricking of my thumbs
something wicked this way comes.
________________________________________________

Aucun commentaire: