21 février 2010

Poem

I don't know about you but dying is a scary thing, to go into that eternal slumber, and just lie there turn cold and just enter into that life which we believe to be eternal, an eternal dream. So here is a poem to imaginary worlds... when your eyes open tomorrow, will you still be alive?

__________Imaginary worlds__________

I died.
It was not a spectacular death, just that I appeared in the papers the following day
DRIVER KILLS 2, MOTHER AND DAUGHTER.
Then I went beyond our world, to Paradise.
Paradise is nothing amazing, it is just an endless beach
going on and on for eternity. Eternity, that's what I was promised,
in church every Sunday, never seeing who I was going to meet on the other side.
It is always sunset here in Paradise, and the waves
dusted with the sun's orange rays.

Walking along the seaside I saw my past flash before my eyes,
my old teddy bear that had been torn apart at Christmas during a fight
sat on the beach washed up by the waves.
Soon many things came up, from the water.
I too came from the water, bubbling out clothes,
and many items but people, there were none.

The beach was empty for miles, and for miles it went on and on.
Turning back, my past was behind me and it littered the beach.
The sand turned a rough with the items etched into in
things that I had sent here.

Suddenly the sky grew dark, forced down my throat,
oxygen. Wait. I was there on my bed, dark,
the clock in the corner read half past four.
Everything was silent, like the beach in Heaven,
eternally silent.

Aucun commentaire: