21 février 2010

Poem

Yea yea i know you're sick of it already... but since I have had alot of time to myself, I decided to write poems daily :D Come to think of it when you pen poems daily there is less chance of my muse toddling off into the sunset... so to keep my muse amused ( :O rhyme!!! :O) writing is an essential ... so here is a poem that I composed after thinking of Robert Lowell's Epilogue which is awesome by the way cos the Moderns are awesome! nuff said... here is the poem called :

___Eulogy___

There was nothing nice to say,
I ran out of the flowery words that are
usually so easy to word.
So I stared out in to the crowd,
all dressed in black, like crows circling round the dead.

Crowds make me nervous.
Everyone sat on the pews as I made my way up the pulpit
looking at their plastic faces
all sombre, holding back their laughs.
Laughs that once were shared with the one now lying in that bed of clouds.

No one celebrates a funeral.
We "attend" a funeral
however at this function, the principle host is in a shoebox
and we do not greet with happiness
but rather with mournful looks and grim dispositions.

I stood there,
dead in my tracks, as all eyes began to focus on me
dressed like a hippie.
Now I know what it is to die,
with those old fogies, staring up, down at you.

So I begin...
stuttering. Barely making it through a single sentence.
Before saying the cliche line : " I remember R------- she was..."
and on and on.
And on and on.

This Eulogy must eventually end,
like the ink in my pen,
eventually dried up.
Shrivelled in a wooden box,
locked up in heaven somewhere

on a cloud somewhere.

Aucun commentaire: